Welcome to Electricspare


Login or Register here!!

Don't have an account, just check out with Paypal! No account required!!

Electricspare, established in 2003, has been trading for 15 years without really being very well known. I sell appliance spares, spare parts for appliance, ovens, cookers, tumble dryers, dishwashers, washing machines and vacuum cleaners ( hoovers ). Previously trading as a limited company, it is now just myself Email Me, Self employed sole trader, I have worked in the electrical appliance repair business for over 30 years. I try to offer fair prices, always striving to reduce costs in every possible way, excellent customer service and an equally fair returns policy, where all I ask is that the items are returned unopened and in the original resaleable packaging. Originally trained as a radio,TV and electronic engineer. I love boats, sailing and everything to do with the sea, staunch supporter of the RNLI.

Featured


White Knight Tumbl..

£20.95

White Knight tum..

£17.95

12.5uF Universal fit..

£2.85

White Knight Tumble ..

£10.85

Bosch Siemens ..

£29.59

Xampp Port 80 Problem


My Solution


Xampp_NoRun

After experincing this problem with Xampp and endlessly searching for a solution and not being able to find one that I could understand or implement, I decided to find the problem cause by a process of eleimination.

I must state that I am in no way an IT expert so my solution may be too simplistic, but it worked for me.  Here go's!

Click on Windows to open Windows Explorer,

Windows_System

In the Search programs and files box, type in "system" without the quotes,

Select "System Configuration",

In the system configuration panel that opens up select "Services"

System_Services

Scroll down the list of services and Un-check the box next to "World Wide Web Publishing Service",

Click on "Apply"

Click on "OK"

Select "Restart Computer"

Hopefuly, job done

Xampp_Runs

I actually deselected every option in the services menu, checked that Xampp then worked, worked through the process again this time selecting half of the check boxes, and so on until I found the one that was affecting Xampp and causing it not to function.  Good Luck!